I am taking pictures of triplets this Saturday....WOW! I am honored and a bit nervous to be honest. This will be a first for me, so I am praying God's wisdom and ideas to rain down on me...you can pray for that too! I hope to be able to share one or two with you next week. We also have Kevin's Dad's retirement party on Sunday. Not that he is old or anything *wink* he is just blessed to be able to retire at this point in his life. Hopefully, I will be able to update this every couple days or so...but with the holidays coming, I can't promise anything!
********This Fall the Homeschooling group from our church went up to Kackle Farm up in Greenville. It is located right by one of our favorite campgrounds. There was only about a group of 25 kids that were on this field trip...kind of a small group this time around. But it worked out great having a smaller number of kids to keep track of.
The Kids and I had been camping in Kalamazoo, so we decided to head home the night before the field trip. We didn't want to miss this one. Plus after our trip to the farm, we could go back home, pick up Daddy and finish out a beautiful weekend of camping.
We really had a lot of fun. There is so much to do at this farm. We rode a wagon out to the apple orchard and were able to pick a bag full of golden delicious apples, right off the tree. It reminded me of when I was little and Mom taking us kids to pick bushels of apples for homemade apple sauce. We would be out there all day, for days on end (that's what it felt like anyways). Really I think we picked a day and then went back another week and picked again. But as a kid, that stuff just gets jumbled together in one great big day.

After we picked all of our apples, we hopped back on the wagon and were taken over to the pumpkin patch. We were all allowed to pick out a small pumpkin to take with us too. (can click too see this picture bigger).
It was quite comical to try and carry all the pumpkins and bags of apples back to the car when we were done. The kids helped the best they could, but Mom was left to figure out how to manage most of these round, rolling objects with only two hands. It is times like these that I wish I had another set of hands to carry the demands of motherhood.
We were given apple cider and donuts.....Mmmm. Then we went on to see the animals, huge sandbox, rocking horses, zip cords, old tractors...the list could go on and on.

Tyty's favorite thing to do was play on the tractors. He would have spent all day there if I had let him.

The old columbine, was a little scary for the kids. Tyler stayed on it the longest....2 minutes maybe. I was lucky to get this shot (you can click this one bigger), right after this shot they were all climbing down. I think it was just too big and Frank from the movie Cars was a big mean columbine...so this one could be mean too.....

I loved the little piglets. I thought they were so cute. The smell on the other hand.....it was so bad you could taste it!

All in all we had a great day. As you can see from the pictures it was a beautiful sunny/warm October day. Perfect for a field trip.
The rest of the weekend was beautiful too, which was nice because it was our last camping trip of the season. We didn't go up to the U.P. (Soo Locks) in late October/early November this year. We were all bummed about that, but with gas prices where they were, we couldn't afford the trip (on a side note, filled up the van today and spent $34.oo!!!!)
Hope you enjoyed our little trip to Kackle Farm, it wasn't a Christmas posting (no snow or lights), but thought that after all the snow we had the last week, we could all use a little sunshine :-)
Blessings!
1 comment:
We went this Fall also. That is a great place. And even better place to go during the week! no one was there!
Post a Comment