I briefly alluded to the difficulties that surrounded Tyler's tux, but I thought that it deserved a complete posting of it's own.

The first full day in Tenn (Wed) we took the trip (about 45min) down to pick up Tyler's tux. The pants were too short and the jacket was too big. They remeasured and assured us it would be ready for us the next day.


Thursday we again headed down to pick up Tyler's tux. The pants were now too long and the jacket although was the right size, it's arms were too short. I informed the employees that the wedding was the next day, we didn't have the time to get it wrong again. That is when they went and got the women who actually does the alterations. She came out and told me (in broken English) "I do it right now...you wait, I be 10 minute". When she came back out Tyler finally had a tux that fit right. Tyler was very excited to wear the tux. He thought it was the coolest thing.

The day of the wedding arrived.....VERY Hot and humid. We made the trip down for the rehearsal that was taking place Friday afternoon before the wedding. Tyler fell asleep on the way down, a blessing as this was too be a very long day for him. He woke up shortly before he had to practice "the walk down the aisle". 

Tyler is not someone who wakes up very easily or happily. So he frowned and was a little difficult during rehearsal. Reassuring everyone that when the pressure was on, Tyler would deliver. Kevin and I both completely believed that our spirited little boy would pull through with flying colors.


Rehearsal ended and now it was time to wait to put on the tux. I went to put my dress on, and when I got back to our "little room" Tyler was half way dressed. He was so cute! His face beamed at me when I walked in the room. 


Then we had to wait again while the Richard and Jennifer had their portraits taken. Then the doors opened and it was Tyler's turn to put on his smile. Which he did like a little pro!



Then we had to wait again while the Richard and Jennifer had their portraits taken. Then the doors opened and it was Tyler's turn to put on his smile. Which he did like a little pro! After pictures there was more waiting. I had to be in my "assigned position" in the sanctuary and Kevin was downstairs with Tyler and the girls. Then it was time, would he pull it off like Kev and I believed he would, or would he see all the people and get cold feet?
Notice proud Daddy in the background...
Down the aisle he came with a huge smile on his face looking at all his family that were two rows deep of faces smiling back at him. He marched himself right up front and took his position between Richard and Brad (the best man), just like he was supposed too. Then it was time for him to move to the top of the platform. He stood there like a little man for the whole service. Only a few times did he start to get jittery and Brad just touched his shoulder and he stopped moving.Then it was time for him to come back down the aisle and he looked like he was a kid in a candy store. He knew he pulled it off with flying colors. Our family couldn't have been prouder at that moment. I am sad that I didn't capture his face as he walked by me, but I just couldn't take my eyes off of him for a second, not even to bring my camera up to my face. His picture is locked away in my heart forever!

Because I know that Aug 1, 2008 wasn't all about my little ringybear, I have included a picture of Richard and Jen....so the rest of you can see how cute they both are.
Here is one more of Tyler.....my little photog!

Blessings!
2 comments:
What a handsome young man!! We are so proud of you, Tyler! We love you bunches!!!!
Ama & Pop-Pop
He sure is on stinkin' cute little boy!!!! He's going to be a heart breaker some day!
-Kelli
Post a Comment