My Aunt Ruth and Uncle Gary. They were like second parents to me. Richard and I being together all the time, I guess it was only natural. He spent the days at my house and I spent the nights at his house.
I remember a road trip out to the lake, and having scrambled eggs and mushrooms for bedtime snack (I didn't touch the mushrooms with a ten foot pole!). Staying up late (we got to stay up later when we slept at his house...shhhh, don't tell my parents). Then there was one overnight stay that stands out in my mind...I got very sick, I threw up 8 times during the night (why I remember these facts I have no idea). My Aunt, very lovingly, took care of me all night long. How horrible it must have been for her, someone else's kid getting sick over and over. She never made me feel anything less than loved. My Uncle Gary always made me feel special too.
When I was 10 yrs old we moved from my childhood home, one of the hardest things for me was moving away from my second family.
Amazing how life slowly pulls you away from the people you love the most. It took me traveling all the way to Tenn to remind me how special they still are too me.

Aren't they the cutest couple!
Blessing!
No comments:
Post a Comment