We had a really good time. Micah is adding a new game to his list of games he likes to play, Checkers. Great-Grandpa taught Micah how to play, and now the game ranks right up there with Uno.
We went into town (Grand Haven) and walked the boardwalk. Watched some fishermen clean their fish.....that was not pleasant for me, especially when one fishermen cut the side of the fish open and all kinds of minnows (little fish) fell out. I just about lost it, and had to walk away. I have one word for that GROSS!!!!!

The cute dog in my hands is one of Aunt Kerri's, she has two and they both wanted to be carried:-)
The kids all got tired of walking, so we carried them on our shoulders.
I know Aunt Kerri isn't going to like that I put her picture on the blog, but I had too...
This picture (below) was taken right at the beginning of the pier at sunset.
The picture above was taken Saturday night at a park in Grand Haven....before we had ice cream.We also took a ride on the Trolley. I have never done that in all the years I have been going out there with Kevin. It was a nice little ride, the kids thought it was fun.
It was really nice that the kids could spend time with their Great Grandparents. Grandpa and Grandma didn't seem to mind that the kids cause all kinds of commotion and noise. When Grandpa went out on the gazebo, the little ones followed him right out there. It didn't bother him when they asked him to sing the "Little Fishy Song" for the 10th time. He even gave up the master suite so our family could all sleep in one room together. He was as patient as a Great Grandpa could be teaching Micah a game that takes concentration (at 6yrs old that is sometimes hard). Today when Jilli was upset about something, Great Grandma called her over to her so she could tell Jilli a story about when she was a little girl. Jillian was a captive audience for about 15min. She just stared at Grandma, while she was telling her story.




I hope my children remember these special times as they grow up. Time together with family, whether you travel far from home, like to Tenn or stay close to home, like a weekend in Grand Haven. These are the types of memories that we want to build for our children.
(Thanks to Ama for all the pictures)
Blessings!
3 comments:
that looks like such a happy family. I wish I could have been there : (
-Kelli
Boy- that's a awful picture!! I wish I would have known someone was taking it!!
It was a very fun weekend! I really enjoyed spending time with everyone!
Kerri
We sure had a fun weekend!! Grandma & grandpa really enjoyed having the kids around. I love the pictures of Grandma & Jillian. She is so intent on what grandma was telling her. The picture of the kids on the rocks at the beach is now my desktop.
Post a Comment