Well, here is our new update...
The piece of property that we were purchasing... we walked away from it...
Why? Because when God talks we listen.
There is too much to go into on a public blog, but I will share that both Kevin and I received confirmation from God that it wasn't in His plan for us. We are both completely OK with that. We are praying and waiting for Him to show us the plan He has for us. Is it easy to sit back and wait for the next step? It's easier for me than Kevin, but we both want what He has planned for us and to walk outside of that plan is a place neither of us want to go. I have such peace about all of this...
Our home is currently our trailer and yes it is our home. Home is not a place, an address, a location. Home is where my family is, so until we further notice... Home is a 40ft trailer. As of right now, we will be living in it through the winter. So things might get a little more tough as the temperature drops, but again, I am OK with that as long as we are in God's plan.
Do we regret selling our house? Not for a minute!!! We are both so thankful that we were able to get out of that neighborhood. If I have to live in my trailer for several years, I will not regret selling the house, because we truly believe that was all in the plan God has for us.
Some other changes that have been happening... my kids are growing up! It kills me and excites me all at the same time. Micah is involved with Youth Group at our church and is having a BLAST! He has made some really good friends there. A word that I keep hearing over and over about Micah is "sweet". I can't tell you how many parents have come up to me and told me how much they love Micah and how "sweet he is". There is one family that calls him Sweet Micah when talking about him. There is another family that told me that although their son goes to public school, they would like Micah to come spend time with their son because he is such a great kid and they want a solid boy for their son to be good friends with. The Youth Pastor's wife came up to me and said, "Lyn I know we know your family and have spent time with all of you, but we are really getting to know Micah and he is such and sweet boy." It does a Momma's heart good to hear encouraging words about their child.
Girls... well that is a subject that is starting to be talked about regularly here at home. I am not prepared for this next season of raising kids!! Ugh!! I just keep encouraging the boys to be great friends, and the the whole "I like you" stage can wait awhile. You can think they are cute, and like being with them, but right now the most important thing is to just be a friend.
Thanks goodness Jilli hasn't started that stage yet, but I am sure it's closing in fast. She has made a friend here in the campground. The family lives in their trailer too and will be staying the winter here. It's been a lot of fun for Jilli to have a girl who lives "right next door."
We are both excited to see where God leads and takes us over these next few months. We have some ideas, but we keep those ideas close waiting for His direction. God is so faithful, I have no doubt that he will reveal all things in time. His plan is WAY better than our plan!
1 comment:
Come out east!!! And I also agree… micah is SUCH a sweet kid! :)
Post a Comment