When most people hear that we are living in our trailer full time we get all sorts of comments from "Oh Wow"... to "Where did you screw up." I can only imagine what goes through most peoples minds. I am sure many think we are crazy. But my friend, who has the most amazing way of looking at things, loved what God was doing and thought Him funny. In her words... "All you wanted was to get out of the city into the country away from people and neighbors and God plops you in the middle of the city, in the middle of a campground with neighbors right on top of you."
She is right, but in the words of another very special friend I have.. "You are living in God's plan right now as you wait to see what His ultimate plan is."
Over the past few weeks I have been able to see with clearer eyes, the truth in that statement. Had we not been here, I would never have met and befriended some amazing people. I would have not been here when life issues came crashing down. I would not have spent hours with them listening to their struggles and offering prayer and support. God had a reason for us to be here, God has not released us from this place yet and I am at total peace with His plan for us right now.
To add to this very interesting living arrangement, I have been added to the staff at the park. I have been cleaning bathrooms and working in the office. As of right now the plan is for me to continue on staff here next year.
It's been a long time since I have had the responsibility of a job and there are times that I feel a little restricted with my freedom to come and go as I please. But overall it's been a positive experience and a very interesting experience! You would be shocked with how much people tell you when you are cleaning the bathrooms, cleaning the laundry room, or checking them in to camp. Listening to so many stories, I realize that mine is nothing... N O T H I N G... compared to theirs. I am so thankful for my relatively boring, none interesting, life.
In other news, school has started back up again and it's been an interesting year so far. We are working around my work schedule and activities that we have scheduled, but I find it far easier here in the trailer than in our old house. Why? Because I don't have all the responsibilities of caring for a house. Life seems more simpler here and although we have far less room, we have so much more time to concentrate on things that are important. It's been a blessing for sure.
We also made a huge decision to buy a car for me to drive. Going from driving a huge truck to driving a car is going to take some adjusting, but so far I have enjoyed it. I was told today that there are more computers on my car than on the shuttle! No wonder I have to take classes to learn how to use the computer system that is on board. It's really crazy if you think about it. As of right now I have only driven it twice. Not enough time to learn it's personality yet, but over time I am sure we will be great partners as it takes me from place to place and hopefully from state to state!!
I am trying to get back into a schedule for blogging. It's been tough though because when it's beautiful outside, I hate to be inside, but I think I will get this blog rolling again over the next few weeks as we slow down in the busyness at the park and gear up for winter camping!
I have much to share.... I am almost overwhelmed by all the pictures I want to show you and stories I want to tell... But if I pick them off one at a time, I think I will get to a point where I am current again.
I will leave you with this picture from one of our summer escapades to Michigan's Adventure. It was the first amusement park that we have taken the kids too. So much fun!!
Blessings!!
No comments:
Post a Comment