Friday, June 7, 2013

Standing

I started to write a post and erased it all.  My mind is reeling at all that is going on, and has gone one, in the government.  I know that writing about it, I could get put on a "list".  I understand the implications for my family and I by speaking out and saying enough is enough.  I have seen what has happened to people who chose to take a stand.  But I Am Standing.

I have left political stuff off my blog for a very long time, I can't do it any longer.  Someday, I hope my kids read my words and know exactly what I stood for.

Yesterday news broke from a Great Britain newspaper, that this administration has been collecting all personal communications from Verizon on millions of Americans.  I am going out on a limb here by saying, I think we will find out other cell phone carriers will be added to that list.  Please don't be fooled to think that it is for our safety.  Millions of Americans are not out to kill other Americans.  The Patriot Act under the Bush administration was opening pandora's box.  My civil rights are being infringed upon, so are yours, and if we don't stand up and say "No More", the decline of this nation will be fast.

Spying on Americans is just a drop in the bucket, this administration has slowly continued to whittle away everything that this Country has stood for.

When I was finishing up my medical schooling, I worked for a Doctor who had done one of his rotations in London.  He had scrubbed in on a surgery of an elderly women who was having a relatively easy surgery.  During surgery the head surgeon nicked something else that if not fixed would cause a fairly rapid death.  The Doctor who I worked for looked me in the eyes and with tears told me how he was chosen to go tell the family that the surgery went beautifully to fix what they had went into to fix, however the mistake (that could be easy fixed as well) would not be fixed and she would die in a matter of hours.  Why did they not fix it??  She was too old, her life wasn't considered important anymore.  Who decided that?  The government run healthcare.

This week the parents of a 10 year old little girl stood before The Health and Human Services Secretary  begging her to please allow their daughter to receive adult lungs.  If she doesn't have a transplant she will die within 5 weeks.  This is the response from the Secretary... “I would suggest, sir, that, again, this is an incredibly agonizing situation where someone lives and someone dies."

This is happening here in America now.  Why was she turned away for a lung transplant?  Because the government decided that only 12 year olds could have a lung transplant from an adult.  Does it matter that that little girls doctors all believe that they could save her life with adult lungs?  This little patient's name is Sarah Murnaghan.

To add to this very scary new federal healthcare, you have the IRS overlooking the most personal of information.  Just think, me being on the "watch list" because I don't bow to the dictator, I homeschool, I believe in the Constitution... will I get voted to live or die?  The IRS has already proven that they target conservatives or anyone who believes in the Constitution.  They can't handle our money, do you trust them to handle our healthcare?  

This is an amazing video from yesterday,  Rep. Gowdy should be applauded.

I have so much more to say....



No comments: