It's a perfect morning to blog. The rain is falling softly outside on our carpet of grass. Not everyone in my house has awoken for the day yet. Things are still quiet and dark.. I love these comfortable, cozy, quiet mornings. I so appreciate the fact that I don't have race by these moments in order to cart my kids off to school at an ungodly time in the morning. I get to enjoy the quiet, before the craziness of the day sets in.
So I kind of have been wondering what I should blog about next. I could bore you all with historical facts that I have recently discovered. Or the fact that I have located a 1870 map with the names and locations of all the property owners in Overisel, Mich (this map shows the property that Kevin's family owned). Or how about I found out that Kevin's Gr-Gr-Gr-Grandmother (who I just found yesterday) couldn't read or write. I can't imagine not having the world of words open for me to explore. I am sure however, she was too busy churning butter, beating rugs, or killing chickens to really care about it. But how sad that she couldn't herself open the Word of God and have it come alive for her... Not sure how alive the King James version in Dutch would be.... Hmm... maybe I just discovered the reason Dutch people can't cut loose and have a good time...
I also have a few pictures left from some random happenings in DC which I need to share and then from there I better jump back in time and work hard at getting caught up, because there are some exciting happenings taking place this summer that I am going to want to blog right away about. So hopefully you all can handle my ADD way of blogging and maybe in a few months I will have this blog under control again ( I think I have said that before...).
I have a confession to make. The night of Tim's graduation the whole herd of family walked our way down to a quaint little gourmet pizza shop to celebrate and I DIDN'T BRING MY CAMERA! How horrible is that! Thankfully my sister was on the ball and had her camera. So she captured a few of the moments, otherwise I wouldn't have anything to share with you.
Oh and I forgot to share this picture on the last DC post. My sister again snapped a photo that my camera didn't capture. The dress that Jilli is wearing was a special gift from her Uncle Paul and Aunt Nadia for this trip. Uncle Paul saw it in a store and had to buy it for Jilli.... There are perks to being the only girl in the family!
Aunt Melissa just asked Micah a question... he is obviously thinking of the answer...
Tim, as always looking handsome...
Tyler, as always being Tyler...
Tim and Melissa's Brother-In-Law who has the patients of a saint!
Tim and Melissa's Step-Sister, who has such an amazing sweetness to her. Her Step-Dad was messing with her here.
Tyler showing off a gift he received from Uncle Timmy and Aunt Melissa.
And last but not least, Jilli's new special friend, Sissy, Melissa's sister. Sissy and Jilli became fast friends and the list of family that we need to visit when going out East just became longer. Thank goodness she lives only a few blocks from Tim and Melissa, so the girls can hang out all they want when we go. Jilli cried and cried when she had to say good-bye to Sissy the next day...
I just remembered that I have some pictures of the White House that I might attempt to share... I told you I am ADD (my mother tells me it's called MOTHERHOOD), the pictures are on my phone (not a great camera at all) and I will have to try and get them off of it.
Have a Great Day!!








No comments:
Post a Comment