Thursday, January 26, 2012

The Supreme Court Chamber


Really the Capital Building is an historic art museum set in an architecturally impressive building.  Amazing the thought and craftsmanship that went into that building.

 This was the Supreme Court Chamber that was used from 1810-1860.  As you can see it was very dark.  I shot this picture as the room looked.  Back in the day, these lamps were whale oil lamps.  They didn't cast much light.  Can you imagine trying to read in this room?  Especially reading wordy legal documents... YIKES!
 These next few pictures are still of the Chamber except I (getting technical here) slowed down my shutter speed and increased my aperture so I could capture the room better.



I really loved this room.  It was so beautiful.  So intimate.  To think that our country was shaped by the men that sat in this room and the decisions they made.  Wonder what they would think of the path our country has taken and how the decisions of this most revered court has destroyed some of our most cherished rights.  Ahh, but I promised myself that I wouldn't write about political stuff here...



Moving on...
This is how we found our baby girl last night.  She fell asleep reading her books.  So much like her Momma :)

I think thats it for today.




No comments: