Thursday, August 11, 2011

The Gardens

In all the years that we have been going to the Gardens, I never remember walking as much as we did on this day. I think we hit all of the park on foot, and if we missed something, it couldn't have been much because we went all over. Thankfully it was such a beautiful day that it was really nice to walk around.

All of the Chihuly glass was interesting, but there were some that really stuck out (no pun intended). Tyler stood looking at these glass spikes, I hate to know what his mind was thinking when he was looking at the glass. They looked like they would make really great swords! One interesting tidbit about this particular exhibit was that when the grounds crew cut the grass, they had to remove each piece of glass, cut the grass and put it back in the ground. I would HATE to have that job. Not because it is tedious, but because knowing me, I would have one in hand, someone call me, I spin around smack another one, break that, take a step back knock one over and before you know it, they would all be on the ground in many pieces.

There was lots of "floating glass" that was really cool. Each piece unique in it's own way.

Tyler and Jillian standing on the edge of the rock looking at one of the exhibits.

Don't remember the name of this one, but I kind of liked it.
There was a point when the kids were acting like some of the art prize statues. It was really kind of funny.



When I would try and take a picture of Tyler doing it, he would walk away, so I don't really have any of him.

After awhile Jilli's legs got a little tired, so Poppop gave her a little ride. The boys tried to tell us their legs were tired too, they wanted a ride... They have no idea how much bigger they are than Jilli! Sorry boys, you have to walk!

Just looking back at these pictures brings the day rushing back to me. Maybe that is why I like taking pictures so much, stilled moments, but when put all together, they are reminders of a wonderful day.

Blessings!!

No comments: