I heard a loud bang and then I heard something hit my truck. At the same time as I heard the bang I saw an individual on the sidewalk that was in perfect position to have shot something at my vehicle.
I didn't stop, for obvious reasons. After I arrived home, Kev and I looked at the damage and decided that we should call the police.
After a lengthy discussion it was decided that (thankfully) it wasn't a bullet that hit the truck but something more like a rock that was shot at the truck. Which still is not good, but better than a bullet! Strangely this is the second time that I have been targeted (in the same neighborhood) within the last 2 years.
Unfortunately the officer said that being a white educated women makes me a target. He nicely advised me to not be out after dark by myself, that I should stay clear of the neighborhood that I had driven through at night and that I should never hesitate to call the police about anything.
This is the very same neighborhood that I run through regularly. He advised that I find a new route to run and never, never, run at night. Even with my big, mean, rottweiler as protection. He explained that there has been several shootings, right where my incident happened and there was a rape just last week.
Thankfully this is not MY neighborhood, but it kind of freaks you out none the less. Especially because it isn't that far from my house.
On a positive note, we had a wonderful conversation with this officer, we were able to play dutch bingo (even though he was hispanic) and figured out that there were 3 other officers that he used to work with that Kev and & I know.
That's all for tonight.
Blessings!!
No comments:
Post a Comment