Friday, February 26, 2010

Climbing Ladders

**Warning** This post contains pictures that I am embarrassed to say I took. But since I really don't care that you see my less than attractive pictures I am blasting them out here for all see.

I have lots and lots of pictures of our remodeling that has been taking place over the last year, but have yet to share many of them. We still have a ways to go, but we are on the home stretch!

One of the challenges we have encountered during this period of remodeling has been....the kids. Thinking back (13 yrs ago) to the last time we remodeled a house, we had it so much easier... no little people getting in the way, all we had to do was put the dogs out in the backyard and we could work all day with no interruptions. This time around we have little people that LOVE to help and for the most part, they haven't been able to.

Kevin did allow Micah to help with some of the crown on the new cabinets. Micah thought that was really cool.
This is what it looked like when the crown was all done (don't mind the mess on the counter, we were very much under construction at this point). And then we had a night when Kevin was working on putting the crown up in our entryway. Kev let the kids each climb up the ladder, which was very nerve racking for me since they were about 20 ft up. Tyler and Jilli were a little more scared, but Micah climbed right up and touched the crown. It was a fun night for the kids, because even though they didn't help build anything they still felt apart of the project because Daddy let them explore, for a little while, the world of ladders.




Nothing really spectacular, but it is a great family memory. I know that someday we will be having Thanksgiving dinner with our kids, their spouses, and grandchildren when we will hear... "Do you remember when Dad let us climb up the ladder...."

Blessings!!

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

is it just me, or is that window open where they are putting up the crown molding?! What's up with that?

lyn said...

Yes the window was open and I don't remember why... Will have to ask Kevin why he had it open.

Anonymous said...

I love the fact that Jilli's tounge is sticking out in one of the pics : ) such a Peters!!

-Kelli