Last Tuesday the parents were allowed to come into "The Room" to watch our beautiful children do a Christmas dance. This was such a treat. I have not seen any of what Jilli is learning. There is a window in the door to "The Room" with blinds on it, but they keep them pretty much glued shut. It's like a top secret mission or something and Jilli hasn't been very forthright in sharing what she is learning.
Jilli is taking both tap and ballet. So first they did a little dance in their tap shoes. It was cute to watch, but it really didn't wow me. I don't know why, but even the teacher said that tap isn't the preferred dance for most kids.
This is the move that I liked the best, I love that I captured it while she was in the air.
Then the girls changed into their ballet shoes. 
How could you not help, but remember the Doctors telling us that she had no hands, feet were questionable, but it really didn't matter because she probably wouldn't live.
Then she started dancing for Jesus. One of the many reasons why I love that she is in a Christian dance school. They teach the girls that you don't dance for any other reason, but for Jesus. It is a way of worshiping Him.
Jilli was a beautiful dancer. I know that most mothers would say the same thing about their daughters, but she seemed to be very elegant in her movements and she was very precise with her hands and feet (a trait from her Daddy). So I will admit it, I had tears in my eyes...
Watching all the girls was such a special treat, but watching Jillian was priceless...A quick word about the "out of control tutu". The girls are not required to wear them, although most of them do wear one. Jilli has a cute light pink tutu that she always wears, but this morning I couldn't find it anywhere (this is not typical). So I allowed her to wear the tutu that my friend made for her. It was big, PINK, and had sparkles all over it (which were all over the floor by the end of her class). She looked so cute, even though it was pink (note: I have an aversion to pink...purple is much more my flavor). Regardless of what she was wearing, she was the light of our world that morning. Kevin had even left work to come and watch Jilli's 15 minutes of glory.

Blessings!!
3 comments:
oh Lyn - tears in my eyes! Beautiful pictures, beautiful words, and I am left wanting to hear more of Jilli's story!
What a beautiful dance for Jesus!! I am so sorry we missed it!! Spring recital here we come!!! Our beautiful Jilli Joy!!
Hi there! Kaira directed me to your blog recently and I just have to say your daughter is so beautiful and precious!! What an amazing experience to see her moving so elegantly, and knowing she is doing it for the Lord. <3 I love your photos! The one of her jumping and the one in her ballet pose are so so beautiful.
Post a Comment