Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Trailer Clean-up

Yesterday was the day for cleaning out the trailer and getting it ready for another season of camping. This year it needed cleaning more than usual do to the way our camping season ended last year (see January's posting "Flashback" for the complete story). I spent about 5 hours cleaning and was just about done when I discovered a surprise awaiting me under my bed.

The "master" bed flips up and has a large storage area underneath it. I was vacuuming and decided to make sure everything was "in order" under the bed. In our state of illness last October/November, we never thought to look under the bed to make sure everything there was Ok to winter in the trailer. Well, we left 3, 12 packs of pop under the bed. To any of you who have ever left a pop can in the freezer (hint...hint...Kelli) you know what happens to the can. They explode. The good news (if there is any good news) is that only the diet pop exploded (12 cans)....hmm why do you think only the diet pop exploded (Richard, you probably could come up with the scientific explanation for me). We had blankets, sleeping bags, trailer lights, cooler, vacuum etc. all in the way of exploding pop cans. What a mess, there is now mold growing all over everything...it's all in the wood of the bed, blankets, sleeping bags......I am following the instructions of a certified mold "cleaner upper" (my Father), but I don't know if I will be Ok, with all that mold in the wood and not replacing the wood. I really don't know anyone who is talented with wood and building things....so we will have to see what happens.

I did think about taking a picture, but decided against it....by the time Kevin and I cleaned everything out of it, it's was working on 10:30pm and I just didn't have the energy to run in and grab my camera. So besides the master bed, the trailer is ready to go. The kids even packed cookies and movies, can't camp without an array of movie choices (is that really called camping??). Micah even wanted to pack the milk, can you tell my kids are excited to get back out on the open road and camp...with the TV, DVD, microwave (for popcorn), frig, a bathroom located within viewing of the TV (don't want to miss any part of the movie) and AC, just in case it gets too hot. Living life in the great outdoors!

Blessings!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

And to think that we used to cram all 6 of us into an old army tent with a 5-gallon gray bucket as a toilet...and spend a WEEK camping! Things sure have changed! But...I must admit that your style of camping is definitely more my style.