Friday, May 23, 2008

God's Masterpiece

We have been staying out at the cottage and it doesn't have internet so, I haven't been able to blog. It is really quite difficult to live without the internet once you get accustom to it. Just for future reference, we will be gone part of next week too. So don't expect to many posts (I still need to post about Micah's first t-ball game).

Kevin is working on a house just down the street from the cottage, so to save on gas and drive time we are staying there. It takes him 5 min to get home instead of an hour. Plus we get to wake up to beautiful Lake Michigan and watch God paint masterpieces at sunset. Who wouldn't love that??!!

Last night was a gorgeous sunset. One of those with just the right amount of clouds in the sky, but not enough to block the sun. I really much prefer sunsets with clouds. Anyway, I decided to take a run and asked Kevin if he could take pictures of the sunset. I thought that maybe I could run down to the Pier (fisherman's pier) and run back. Kev thought it would be around 6 miles total so I knew that I would miss the chance to photograph the final rays of the sun. He said he "guessed so..." So I took off.
I made it all the way down to the pier and decided to see if I could get to the end before the sun set. I made it with just moments to spare. Then a worship song song started on my ipod shuffle that talked about the beauty of God's handiwork and how awesome he is. I thought "wow, God had this song play, just for me at this perfect moment" I was singing it as loudly as I could (side note...I was all alone on that side of the pier). I also was hoping that the wind was taking my voice for a ride so no one on the other side of the channel could hear me:-) It was one of those moments that you wish could last, but soon the sun slipped beneath the surface of the water (that's what we tell the kids), but have you ever watched a sunset and then stayed there for awhile??? The colors that come after the sun is gone, is even more beautiful. I stayed watching the beauty, wanting to memorize it so that I would always have a picture in my head of the "Sunset God Sang to Me". After awhile I left and started my run back to the cottage. All the way home I saw glimpses of the colors of the sky between the cottages. When I got back I went on the gazebo to stretch and finished watching the dancing colors. When I went inside I immediately went to my camera to see what few pictures Kevin captured (or if he even remembered at all).

I turned on my camera and was blown away by what he captured and how he captured it. I kept saying "wow, I love this one" and he kept saying "which one", so finally I went and sat on his lap so we could look at them together (Yes, I can still fit on his lap). After going though all the pictures, I went to the first one and hit my "info" button, then went to the last one and looked at the info. He spent 26min capturing the sunset for me. Not just, I'll take a few and be done...he went out of his way to do a good job for me. He was even changing up exposures! I didn't even know he knew how to do that (he still might not, it might have been by accidentally hitting the wrong button, but I am going to give him the benefit of the doubt). It meant so much to me that he took a half hour to take what he knew I wanted and had fun with it.
Notice the ducks on the beach in this one (above..you might have to click on the picture to make it bigger)?? He chased these guys down the beach!


Just looking at these again I want to start singing....How great is our God, sing it again....How great is our God and all will see how g r e a t is our God....OK, you may not know what song I'm singing, but God does! Enjoy these beautiful pictures my husband took...because he loves me.

Blessings!

No comments: