Monday, May 2, 2016

Spring Time

I need to follow up on my last post back in February... Yikes that was a long time ago!  My leg is healed, Praise God, and I have full range of motion back!  I was told it could take about 8-9 months to get back 90% of my range of motion, but it only took about 2 months.  So thankful that I was healed!

Spring has sprung here on the farm.  I have flowers peeking their heads up, leaves that are starting to unfurl, I have lots of seeds started for my garden and even some plants planted in the garden, chickens that have ramped up their laying, and kittens... yes KITTENS!!

Earlier this spring we had a roller coaster ride with our cat Phantom.  Long story short, he licked something toxic, and then ate a nerf dart that got lodged in his intestines.  He was touch and go for about 2 weeks.  He had 2 major surgeries and lots of drugs to try and get him better.  The vets were all amazed that he pulled through.  About a week before all that happened, he "got together" with Clover (Jilli's girl cat).  We were hoping that she was pregnant because quite honestly he didn't think he would make it (he had been in kidney failure even before any of the surgeries).  

Great news all the way around, Phantom made it and Clover was pregnant!  Last Wednesday (April 27th), Clover gave birth to 6 kittens in an hour and a half!  It was a very exciting night for Jilli and I.  The boys weren't really "into" the whole birth thing and only wanted to know how many kittens we had.  It was a pretty depressing week since Tim, Melissa, and Lina were all here and we weren't really able to spend any time with them since there was a lot of sickness in our house.  Jilli and Kevin didn't even get to see them :(  So these babies were our little blast of joy during such a disappointing week.

The babies are so cute! Clover is such a good Momma too!

Each kitten is a little different, except there are two that look to be twins and they came one right after the other one, but who really knows.  One of the black kitten's two back feet have white tips, one black one has white on it's tummy, then there is a tiger cat that looks like it's daddy Phantom, and then a light gray baby that looks like Clover's sister Sparky (Micah's cat that was killed by a car).  I am already seeing personalities coming through which is so amazing to watch!

Later this month we will add to our flock of chickens with 6 more chicks.  Looking forward to increasing my flock since I am having a hard time keeping up the demand for their eggs!

I love this time of year when everything starts to wake up and new life is born, such an exciting time!  I'm looking forward to sharing more of our little kittens as they grow and our new chicks when they arrive!

Blessings!!

No comments: