It's been over 2 months ago that my friend came out to our house to take our family pictures. It's been 5 years since our last one. How did so much time go by without taking one?? Oh, I remember... It's STRESSFUL planning family pictures. Organizing outfits that everyone likes and will wear, getting a time everyone can be together before the sun is to low in the sky, making sure everyone is ready to smile for the next hour... the list goes on.
Let me give you a snapshot of my three very different children.
Micah- I will stand where you tell me and smile when you tell me, lets just get this done as quick as possible.
Tyler- I might stand or sit or squat in the area around where you want me, I might smile or make a funny face or give you a blank stare. I will joke and make it much more painful for Micah who just wants to get done, because that makes me laugh and smile and that's what Mom wants from me, a nice smile.
Jilli- I will stand where you tell me and a few other places that I think would be cool. I will smile when you want me too and also give you a serious face, and a half smile. I will make slight adjustments while your taking pictures to make sure we get the best angle. I am happy as long as the camera is taking pictures.
Now throw in Kevin who is more like Micah but with a little more patience for Tyler's antics. Then there is me, who is more like Jilli because you can never have too many pictures, but lets not have this take all night and lets just listen and follow the photographers instructions because she knows what she is seeing.
As you can see, it's a recipe for a disasterous photo session, but that's the dynamics we are dealing with and honestly, I got a lot of really great pictures (despite all the crazy) that I am having a hard time deciding which ones I want hanging on my walls.
I do want to share my favorite with you. Back to the whole "traditional family picture", I am not like most people. I would hang this on my wall because it is exactly what our family looks like right now. However, the one reason I might pick a different picture to enlarge and hang is because there is one head that is missing.... but if you know Tyler, you know that this is the most perfect picture EVER. His head isn't in it, but everyone knows that he is the center of attention and making everyone laugh.
So there is a sneak peek at our family picture. I will probably share more as I slowly choose my favorites, and maybe, just maybe I'll update the pictures on my blog!
Blessings!!

No comments:
Post a Comment