Monday, June 23, 2014

Homeless and Loving It

I'm not sure how to really start this blog post.  My mind goes in so many different directions, so I guess the best thing to do is jump right in.

We sold our house.

This has been a dream of ours for a long time.  We have wanted to buy a piece of land (several acres) out in the country where we could build a home for our family and live with more freedom than what we could in the city.  My dreams are of large gardens and chickens, Kevin's is of tree-houses and ATV's flying around a track.  We both dream of a quiet place to finish raising our kids and a place our grandkids will love to come to stay with us.

I would be lying if I said leaving the home we brought our babies home to was easy.  It was hard, it still is hard, but every day it gets easier.  All the planning and decision making keeps us looking forward to our future instead of always looking back at our past.

For now we are living in our trailer camping the summer away.  We are loving the pool and "toys" in the campground and when we need a change of scenery we hook up and take a break camping with our friends at a different campground.

Our family is looking at these next few months as an adventure.  We know that this plan seems crazy to some, but to us, it doesn't.  I am sure over the next few months we will hit some bumps in the road, we know that camping all summer the sun will not always be shining, but we trust that God has the details worked out and during this process we will grow closer together as a family.  As we work along side each other to build our new home, we pray that our family will always look back with smiles and "remember whens."

As the months tick by I will keep you updated with what is happening on our house and pictures of the process.

Let the building being!!!  ..... cuz winter is right around the corner!!!!

No comments: