Monday, February 3, 2014

TyTy Turns Ten!

A few days have gone by and I can't let another close before I make mention the importance of Friday, January 31, 2014.

Crazy Boy Tyler turned 10 years old!!  To think that he is already 10!  All you Momma's with babies, hold tight, the days fly by without even a blink and you will wake up looking at your half grown boy/girl and wonder where time went.

Tyler is the one child that usually holds his emotions inside, not letting you know what he is really feeling (unless it's picture time and then it's written all across his face).  He uses humor to hide or reveal what he is thinking.  He tests me in more ways that I can count.  There are times when I know I am in for "a day full of Tyler" just by how he greets me in the morning when he wakes up.  There are times that Kevin leaves for work knowing full well I will have my hands full and laughs his way out of the door.

Then there are days that he is the most cuddly lovable boy who is so kind and gentle.  He is the child who opens my car door and makes sure I am OK.  He is the child who will just sit next to me while I have a cry or tells me how beautiful I am.

Then there are days that I spend time listening to his stories, he somehow always slips in something about butts or what comes out of them.  Why is that topic so funny to boys??  There are days that I can't help but laugh at his jokes even though I shouldn't and days that I end up giving him the full talk down about how somethings we just don't joke about.

Tyler is so special to me in so many ways.  Ways that will forever remain closely guarded in my heart.  That little boy has given me the gift of joy and laughter since the day he was born.

Out of all the things Tyler is, there is one that is the most important.  Tyler is a child of God.  In the Bible it speaks of how there is no greater joy than to know that your child is walking with the Lord.  I never really understood that verse until my children had each asked Jesus into their hearts.  Right now, my children are all safe at home in my nest.  Someday soon they will each take the jump out of the nest and learn to fly on their own.  My prayer now and will always be that they will continue to walk with the Lord.

Tyler, I have no doubt God has great and amazing plans for you, what those plans are, I have no clue.  You are more of a mystery to me than your siblings.  I can kind of see where God might take them, but for you, it could be anything from a preacher, to a stand up comedian, to a business owner, to an engineer, to following in your uncle's law enforcement footsteps.  You are strong in who you are, you are strong in what you like and don't like.  You know your mind and keep others guessing.  I love your smile and your giggle.  I love how you at times are telling us a joke and just start cracking yourself up so hard, you can't finish your joke.  I love how think outside of the box and use your special gifts to enrich our lives.  You are an amazing young man, you will go far in life if you keep Christ as your corner stone!  Daddy and I can't wait to see where He takes you!!

We Love you Tyler!!  Happy 10th Birthday!!!

No comments: