I want to write a happy blog about our travels and the places we have been this year. I have many pictures to share of different places we have seen and gone. But every time I open my blog to write a post, my fingers take over and it is never about happy times. It's about what is happening right now and what is coming. So I erase them and shut off the computer. That is mainly why I haven't written a blog since September.
It's been over a week now since we received a letter from our insurance provider telling us that our insurance... that has worked well for us for the last 10 years... is no longer good enough because of the new tax law, affordable health care act (sorry can't capitalize those words.. my fingers won't type it), is going into effect.
I have written before that since this new policy has been law (3 years) our insurance rates have continued to climb. It has gone up about $200 dollars a month already. Now we must change again because someone somewhere says that our current policy isn't good enough... Except our current policy covers more for less money than what is being offered to us.
So far the closest plan I can find, that compares to what we have now, will cost our family $14,734.80 a year. That does not include the total out of pocket expense of $10,200 that we need to pay before we are covered at 80% plus copays.. Even with this plan, I am not sure I could keep the man who has been my Doctor since I was 10 years old.
The lowest plan option is $6384.60 a year (sounds great right?) but has a total $12,700 out of pocket maximum before we would be covered at 60% plus copays. So if I have an ER visit (and we had met our deductible of $11,900) we would have to pay $250 copay plus 40% of services. An average ER visit costs $2500. So I would pay $250 (copay) + $1000 (40%) = $1250. Don't forget we already hit our $11,900 deductible for the year and we are paying our monthly premiums.
Just to compare with what we have... We have a deductible of $5000 before we are are covered at 80%. We are covered at 80% until we hit $10,000 and then we are covered at 100%. With premiums our worst case scenario is $15,700. We would not pay a dime more than that.
I am investigating other options, but there are many options that are not available to us because 1. we are over 30 years of age and 2. Our household makes to much money (shocking because we don't make that much). We are not eligible for any subsidies (and even if we were, not sure I would do it). Thanks but no thanks... subsidies are one step up from medicaid, now ask what doctors you will have available to you and how quickly you will be seen.
Seriously... Why was my old policy not good enough? Why do I now have to pay more for less coverage?
I am so angry right now I could spit. I am furious with anyone and everyone who voted for this death tax (and if you voted for Obama, you voted for this tax). I cannot get over how blind some people are to think that this will help our country and not hurt it. It is ALREADY hurting it, and it hasn't even taken full effect yet! Ignorant people who live in their tiny shells and don't pop their heads out to see how this will destroy our country.
Oh and I found out today per a tax person that if we decide to pay the penalty for not having insurance is at a minimum $95 per person or 1% of your income. An average family of four making $50,000 a year will pay THIS YEAR $2000 and next year $3000 and it keeps going up from there. No wonder the administration doesn't want to postpone this till next year, the whole cat will be out of the bag by then.
Kevin said to me just last night. I am scared for my children, I am scared that I am not going to be able to provide for them or give them any quality of life because of where this country is headed and what is being forced upon us. I said to him last night... That no matter what happens, God is in control. I still feel that way even after the research I have done. God is in control! But that doesn't mean that I am going to sit down, shut up, and not let my voice be heard! I will fight! I will call! I will send emails! I will give my money to fight the Democrats AND Republicans that are determined to ruin this country. I want my children to know that I did everything I could to stand for freedom and oppose oppression!
Maybe tomorrow I can write a happy blog with pictures of my children who's futures are being ripped apart by the idiots in washington.
Dontfundobamacare.com - Sign the petition
http://obamacarewr.fwsites.org/?source=www-block - Another petition to sign that is through Freedomworks.org
One more thing that has my feathers ruffled... take a moment to read this article about what is happening in DC today that is being allowed even though the government is shut down.
USA-today article
How is it that our WWII vets were told they couldn't go to THEIR memorial yet the powers that be are allowing an Immigration rally today??!! The MEN AND WOMEN WHO FOUGHT FOR OUR FREEDOM were told not to come, but the people who have come illegally have full access. That is such bull!!
Hold me back.... Hold be back....
1 comment:
We totally agree. The frustration is that even when we sign petitions and try to contact our Senators, we don't seem to be heard. Senator Barbara Stabenow's website says because of the "government shutdown", her office is closed, and no one is monitoring e-mails!
Post a Comment