Last week Wednesday we left for a week out at the cottage. Kev was working just down the road, so we took the opportunity to enjoy the last week of what might be summer here in Michigan.
We had a great time making memories on the beach and swimming in the water. A few of the days, we had to be careful because waves were pretty big and I am a little overprotective of my kids when there is a high rip current warning out. Kevin said that as a kid, those were the days they went way out and enjoyed playing in the waves. Since I almost drowned as a girl in the ocean, big waves freak me out a little and big waves plus my kids freak me out a lot.
It was a wonderful time. My Dad and I have talked about how important it is to be intentional about making memories with the kids and this week, although unexpected, was a week for memories. We even had guests join us for the weekend! And before I start getting the school questions.... yes we did school. The kids were up early working getting it done so they could enjoy the afternoons on the beach.
I will share the pictures as soon as I gather a few more :)
Blessings!!
No comments:
Post a Comment