Monday, April 20, 2009

Pinch of Russian and a Pinch of Dutch...God's Masterpiece

I apologize for my lack of blogging this past week. It has been very busy around here and I came down with my first sickness this '08-'09 season. A nasty cold.... I also have a "blog posting" that God has been speaking to me, but I know it will take some time to pull it all together, so I wanted to post something quickly, while I finish writing it in my head.


My beautiful nephew was baptized yesterday. I will have to share some pictures of that, Tim and Melissa came home for the occasion, which is ALWAYS a treat. It was really a beautiful day yesterday, in spite of the cold and rain.


I sat in the front row, camera in hand, ready to snap away at the "moment" and I was struck again, at how Good God really is. This little boy, part Russian, part Dutch (American) completely whole and completely God's. What a great testimony to God's faithfulness and love to us. Who would have thought that two people from two different countries could meet, marry and now have a precious baby boy. Only God!
I had a hard time seeing through my view finder because of the tears that were in my eyes. I still don't know if the pictures came out OK or if they are all blurry....they looked blurry to me at the time, but it's hard to see through tears. Yes, I am sentimental.


Kevin kind of laughs at me for that, it seems that God has given me this gift....not sure what it's called, my parents could probably help me out with the name....but I have feelings about EVERYTHING. I just don't have memories, but I feel what I was feeling when I relive those memories. I hate to get rid of certain things, because of the memories that they hold... and for any of you that know Kevin, know that that just doesn't work in this house. I would be a pack rat if it weren't for him. Anyway, back to what I was talking about....


Yesterday was very special to me. I am so thankful for my very beautiful nephew who giggles when Poppop kisses him on the neck. Who has these eyes that are like deep pools of blue water. He truly is a masterpiece of
God.


Blessings!

No comments: